- Everyone is different, so think about the situation before supply food to your body.
- 2000 / 5 = 400, eat time: 6, 9, 12, 15, 18. Do not forget protein, fruit, fiber, and vitamin
- Do the math to calculate calorie needed , and remember that digesting takes time. Your body could burn 100 Cal on resting state, and it can burn 300 or 500 more during work out. Do not wait to supply your body food until you are thirsty or hungry: it's better to replenish protein and calories before exercise and even some food right after workout. For example, it can be a good idea to eat an apple 45 minutes before morning exercise, or take an energy bar a few minutes before exercise (because carb will give your body a faster boost than fruit like an apple). Or more importantly, do not bother too much eat right before or after workout. It is the best to workout after 2 or 3 hours of food supply. Eating right before or after is just not soon enough for body to digest and absorb the energy. Simple sugar is an exception, but it is not a good supply because you will feel tired after half an hour (sugar rush, then sugar crash. blood glucose too high, insulin will be released so your blood can use energy. more insulin than sugar causes sugar drop. low sugar level makes you less energized and tired)
- It's better to take a little for every 3 ~ 4 hours, and total 5 meals throughout a day. Keep your sugar level high enough so you feel energized, and in the meantime, low enough so you don't feel sleepy.
- 0.36 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So a 150-pound person needs 54 grams of protein per day. 1 cup of flour has 16 g, 1 egg has 6 g (be careful 70% of daily cholesterol), 1/2 cup of beans has 18 g
Carbohydrates -- You should eat a minimum of 130g of carbohydrate per day. https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=345946If you drink a can of soda full of sugar, glucose will enter the bloodstream at a rate of something like 30 calories per minute. A complex carbohydrate is digested more slowly, so glucose enters the bloodstream at a rate of only 2 calories per minute (reference). Simple sugar will takes 5~10 minutes to digest; complex sugar will take more than an hour. more...
- how food works (discovery) link
- Calories Burn - jogging 15 minutes, about 120 cal. tool...
- If making cake, use baking soda not yeast.
- Making home bread is not really cheaper in terms of money (alone) and time. It is healthier though and fun. more... 1700 calories daily supply, plain white $1.5/loaf, buy multi-grain about $2.5/loaf. buy whole wheat $1.6/loaf making whole wheat $1.5/loaf (flour, yeast, electricity, NOT counting butter, milk, or equipment like oven (about $0.15 each bake, so try to bake more at a time)/baking machine baking pan)
- Ingredient: flour, oil, butter, sugar, yeast (or baking soda), eggs, milk
- White sugar makes fluffy cakes. Brown sugar makes less fluffy cakes.
- warm water yeast, five minutes yeast alive, mix flour(3 cups + 1 cup water) and stuff, knead hard, cover with olive oil, in plastic bag, rest in warm place 1 and half hour, goal: double size (make a hole do not spring back), punch, rest at least an hour and rise again, bake 350F for 25 minutes (key: cooler raise is the best (taking long long time like in fridge, no sugar, etc...), 1st raise, double size, paunch , raise again. Raise once is ok but bread texture and shape will not as good) you can make a "rope" on top too. more on breads... more notes no bagels, pizza...
- Raise too less not fluffy. Raise too much turns sour.
- Pick the right flour
低筋 cake flour/soft flour/weak flour/low protein flour -筋度低，用來做口感細密的東西，像是蛋糕。
中筋 All Purpose Flour, Plain Flour-中式麵食，麵條、包子、水餃皮、饅頭都是用中筋麵粉
高筋 bread flour- 筋度高，用於有彈性、有延展性的食物，例如:麵包
Grocery Budget (monthly supply estimation) total about : $90/month, $23/week
- flour $15
- yeast $5
- rice $15
- beans $15
- olive oil $4
- soy sauce $2
- sugar $2
- eggs $3
- soup broth (cube) $1
- chili powder $1
- coffee $2
- milk powder $6
- apple $12
- banana $3
- onion $4